Thursday, October 29, 2009

Candy Shop

I like to give gifts. Who doesn't?!! Well, this is an inexpensive gift idea, and it's fun to look for the ingredients...The stand is made from an old candlestick holder (I found mine at the Hopefully yours thrift shop, and some at goodwill), attached to an inexpensive, colorful plate. The candlestick holder was brass, and I just spray painted it white. I think clear crystal ones are really pretty for this too.
I wanted a fun visiting teaching gift, and my friend inspired me to make "V-chocolate" style caramel apples, and it just so happens they fit perfectly on the top of these little treat stands...

I tried Apple Pie (crushed graham cracker, cinnamon and sugar, white chocolate and caramel), caramel, chocolate & nut, and caramel, toffee & chocolate.


I think it would be fun to spray the base a crazy color next time....


Happy Plate Giving Ü

14 comments:

  1. I love it! Darling. How did you attach the holder to the plate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw that idea the other day & loved it! Yours turned out very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this idea once and have been meaning to make it. Of course you always make the project look a million times better then I could! And adding such yumminess on top just finishes it off perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE mine!! Thanks Hol for sharing your talents with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these. You are so talented miss Holly! Oh, how I miss you and our talks while you made my hair perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish you were my visiting teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun as always! The real question is... where did you get the plates? So cute! Also, I think I am locked out of your family blog. Please add me, amberwade04@gmail.com. Finally, are you headed this way for the holidays? If so we would love to see you if you have time. And, Spencer's office floor turned out great so thanks for your input. It made us brave enough to take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DARLING!! I love the bird plate... where did you get that one? I am on a bird kick lately. :) You are the cutest... I feel like it has been forever since we talked!! Not acceptable!! Lets hang out soon.. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAACCHKKK! HOLLY! You are unbelievable!!!! Oh, these are just too good. I can't stand it! I need to call you. My phone fell in the lake a while ago, and it's on the fritz, hence I'm not making many calls. But man! These are so great. Okay, you have to fess up. Where did you get the stinkin' cute plates?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've given this link to so many people in NC. we LOVE this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute. I've been wanting to make something like this forever! you went so all out with those caramel apples, though!

    ReplyDelete